Busy Minded Momma goes to JUNGLE CAT WORLD WILDLIFE PARK Today I packed up my three kids and headed to Jungle Cat World Wildlife Park in Orono, Ontario. About a month ago, I purchased our tickets for the behind the scenes tour and have been really looking forward to it. The tour we were …
The morning my dad unexpectedly passed away is one of the saddest days of my life. It is the day I feel I became an adult. He was my go-to for everything from parenting questions, to what colour shoes to buy. He was always there for me and my daughter. He always put us first, …
Let’s face it – kids love toys but tend to play with them for a short period, only to end up in the corner, garage or basement, collecting dust. Gifting an experience is the new way to go. Memories are irreplaceable and will last forever. Experience gifts also expose children to new things they may …
Jump into fall by making some Pumpkin Spice Quicksand Goo! This recipe can be easily altered to make other scents as well including peppermint and orange. This will likely make a mess but its tons of fun! Here’s the recipe Ingredients 4 cups play sand, we just grabbed ours from the sandbox 2 cups of …
Kids love playdough. It is also great for their fine motor development skills and their imaginations. There is no reason to buy playdough any more as it is easy to make yourself. This is the recipe I have had the most success with and doesn’t leave your hands feeling gross. Store playdough in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
2 cups of all-purpose flour
½ cup of salt
2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 ¼ cups of boiling water
a few drops Food coloring (optional)
a few drops of an essential oil to add scent (optional)
- In a bowl mix the flour, salt, olive oil and cream of tartar. The oil may make a few clumps in the mixture that’s OK.
- In a pot boil the water and add an essential oil of your choice and the food coloring to the boiling water.
- Pour the boiling water into the bowl with the flour mixture.
- Use a spoon to mix up the ingredients until the dough is combined.
- Check to make sure the dough is not too hot and then knead the dough until it is the desired consistency, you may have to add more flour if it is too sticky.
Parents I don’t know about you but getting my little kids to use a public washroom is hard work. They are scared or the noises. Washrooms are loud from the dryer to the all the toilets flushing and now the damn toilets flush themselves. I understand why businesses are installing sensored toilets but these toilets …