Children love exploring and touching things. They especially love things that are not for them to touch. You can make them a DIY busy …
Turn a cardboard box into a fun ball maze! This is a great hand-eye coordination, plus as an awesome boredom buster since you probably have …
Jump into fall by making some Pumpkin Spice Quicksand Goo! This recipe can be easily altered to make other scents as well including peppermint and …
Do your kids like dinosaurs? Try out this cool recipe to make dinosaur eggs. It does take a little prep work as the eggs should …
This homemade goop recipe can be easily altered to make other variations by adding a little play sand and safe scented oils. This will likely …
Kids love playdough. It is also great for their fine motor development skills and their imaginations. There is no reason to buy playdough any more as it is easy to make yourself. This is the recipe I have had the most success with and doesn’t leave your hands feeling gross. Store playdough in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
2 cups of all-purpose flour
½ cup of salt
2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 ¼ cups of boiling water
a few drops Food coloring (optional)
a few drops of an essential oil to add scent (optional)
- In a bowl mix the flour, salt, olive oil and cream of tartar. The oil may make a few clumps in the mixture that’s OK.
- In a pot boil the water and add an essential oil of your choice and the food coloring to the boiling water.
- Pour the boiling water into the bowl with the flour mixture.
- Use a spoon to mix up the ingredients until the dough is combined.
- Check to make sure the dough is not too hot and then knead the dough until it is the desired consistency, you may have to add more flour if it is too sticky.