Chocolate Chip Sheet Pancakes
This recipe is amazingly easy and very quick to make in the morning. All of my kids gobble these up and the recipe can be changed to add fruit instead of chocolate if you wish, but for this chocolate eating Momma I prefer chocolate chips.
2 cups flour – you can use either white or whole wheat flour but the whole wheat does have a stronger wheat flavour. I often will use half white and half whole wheat.
4 Teaspoons – Baking Powder
1/3 cup – Icing Sugar + Some to sprinkle on top at the end
2/3 cup -Cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon – Salt
2 cups – Almond milk
5 Tablespoons – Apple Sauce
1 1/2 Teaspoon – Vanilla
1/2 – 3/4 cup – Chocolate Chips (We use Dairy Free)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Combine the dry ingredients in mixing bowl, set aside
- Combine the wet ingredients together in a separate mixing bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir to combine. Some chunky pieces are okay.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour batter onto parchment lined baking sheet, put in oven and bake for 7 minutes
- Take out the baking sheet, brush some olive oil on top of the pancakes (a small amount just to cover the top of the pancakes)
- Turn the oven onto Broil and put the pancakes back into the oven. This should take no more then 1 minute, you must watch them. Once they are a golden colour remove and sprinkle with some icing sugar.
- I slice mine into squares with a pizza cutter and find it works very well.