Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Grab one of these while they’re hot and before the kids see them. They will eat these up faster then you can make them.
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup almond milk
4 teaspoons of lime juice
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup grated zucchini
1/2 – 3/4 cup semi sweet or dairy free chocolate chips
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Put paper liners into muffin tins
- In large mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt)
- In a separate bowl beat the egg. Add the oil and lime and stir until combined.
- Add the almond milk and vanilla to the egg mixture and combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Do not over mix
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips
- Scoop dough into muffin tins
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until done
- you can substitute 1 teaspoon of baking soda for 1 teaspoon of lime for less of a citrus flavour. If you do this use 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 table spoon of lime juice