These fun and tasty sugar cookies are a real hit in my house. The red sugar makes them a festive choice for this time of year. My kids love combining the ingredients and decorating them. Most importantly these cookies are delicious and we all enjoy eating them. Baking with kids can get messy so don’t forget to keep paper towels nearby. We had a few spills which isn’t too bad considering I had 3 little helpers. My toddler somehow managed to get some cookie dough on the wall behind him.
Before you begin pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
You will need
- a mixing bowl
- 2 cookie sheets
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- parchment paper or cooking spray
- 2 cookie sheets
- wooden spoon or spatula
- 3 small bowls
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 300ML can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Turbinado Sugar
- 2 tbsp Red Sugar
- 1/4 cup Softened Butter
1. In a large bowl combine butter, sugar and condensed milk. Mix until smooth.
2. Add flour and salt and mix until fully combined. Shape dough into a ball and place bowl in the fridge to chill for 10 to 15 min.
3. Take out 3 small bowls; in bowl 1 combine brown sugar and cinnamon, in bowl 2 red sugar, in bowl 3 turbinado sugar
4. Get your chilled dough and roll cookies into desired size balls and place them on your covered baking sheets (they expand when baked but not much)
5. Take the dough and flatten it then coat it in desired sugar and place back on the tray.
6. Bake for 13- 15 minutes until cookie is lightly golden in colour.
7. When done remove cookies to a cooling rack.
Please let me know in the comments if you enjoyed these cookies and if you changed or altered anything. I hope your family enjoys these tasty sugar cookies