My picky eating toddler loves mac and cheese. This homemade recipe is a lot healthier than boxed mac and cheese. You could also add broccoli or cauliflower in for added nutrition.
30 minutes prep time and serves 6 kids or 3-4 adults
- 1 box of elbow macaroni pasta or pasta of your choice
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk, warm (warm in the microwave or in another pot)
- Cook macaroni or pasta according to the package directions.
- In a medium pot, melt unsalted butter over medium heat; mix in flour
- Cook for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly to form a roux; add salt and pepper, slowly add milk.
- Cook and mix until you see bubbles form.
- Add the cheese a small amount at a time while constantly mixing until fully melted.
- Drain macaroni and add the cheese sauce mix until fully covered
Please share if you liked the recipe or how you altered it and what you added.